Jump to the main text
The second annual climate change forum sponsored by Hitachi, featuring panels organized by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and The Brookings Institution.
|Date:||Thursday, May 27, 2010|
|Venue:||American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Auditorium|
|Address:||1200 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20005|
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Welcome and Opening Remarks
|Master of Ceremonies||- Dr. Vaughan Turekian, Chief International Officer, AAAS|
|Opening Remarks||- Dr. Alan Leshner, Chief Executive Officer, AAAS and Executive Publisher, Science
- Bruce Katz, President and Director of Brookings' Metropolitan Policy Program, The Brookings Institution
- Tadahiko Ishigaki, Chief Executive for the Americas, Hitachi, Ltd.
Panel One: "Electricity/Energy"
|Moderator||- Dr. Charles Ebinger, Senior Fellow and Director, Energy Security Initiative, The Brookings Institution|
|Panelists||- Michael Miller, Director, Environment and Renewables, Electric Power Research Institute
- William Parks, Senior Technical Advisor, U.S. Department of Energy
- Naofumi Sakamoto, Chief Researcher, Hitachi Research Institute
Keynote Presentation by the Honorable Lisa Jackson, Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Panel Two: "Transportation"
|Moderator||- The Honorable Dave McCurdy, President and CEO, Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers (former Congressman)|
|Panelists||- Matthew J. Klein, President, Akridge
- Dr. Michael Meyer, Director, Georgia Transportation Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Robert Puentes, Senior Fellow, Metropolitan Policy Program, The Brookings Institution
Sushi and Sake Reception