Hitachi America, Ltd., Industrial Components and Equipment Division
AC Variable Frequency Drives
Hitachi Industrial Inverters Software Downloads
Hitachi provides free industrial inverters software downloads, including drive programming software and USB-Convertercable Driver, and other related software. The industrial inverter software makes the operation of Hitachi industrial inverters smooth and easy. Browse through the following sections to download software related to Hitachi industrial inverters:
Drive Programming Software
Hitachi industrial inverter configuration and programming software is available for download at no charge. You are free to download, install and use the software in accordance with Hitachi software license agreement.
Two software packages are currently supported; the new ProDriveNext and ProDrive. Use of these software packages depends on several factors. Read the descriptions below and select the package according to your needs.
Note: Files created using ProDrive are not compatible with files created using ProDriveNext, and vice versa.
The ProDriveNext Software is compatible with following series of Hitachi industrial inverters:
To download ProDriveNext, click on the link given below:
This will begin the download of a zip file that contains following 4 folders:
- USB Driver
Extract these folders to a preferred location on your PC. The download may take a while, as the total file size is approximately 75 MB.
Detailed installation instructions are located in the folder named Manual. The installation process is comprised of three main segments:
- Installation of Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 software. If this is already installed on your PC, this segment can be skipped. Otherwise, use the install files in the dotnetfx folder you downloaded.
- Installation of ProDriveNext in the folder named Install_1_2_25_020Eng.
- Installation of the USB Driver from the folder of the same name. This driver provides support to use the USB-to-USB mini B cable required to connect a PC to a WJ200 inverter ONLY. See separate instructions for installing the driver required for the USB-CONVERTERCABLE below.
- If you are UPDATING from a previous version of ProDriveNext, you will ONLY need to update the program. The USB driver and dotnetfx installations do not need to be repeated or updated. So you ONLY need to perform Step 2. Open the "Install" folder and double-click on the setup.exe file there to start the update, and follow the on-screen instructions.
The ProDrive Software is compatible with following series of Hitachi industrial inverters:
- L100-XFU, L100-MFU2, L100-MFR2
- L200-XFU, L200-XFU2
- SJ200-XFU, SJ200-XFU2
- L300P-XFU, L300P-XBRM, L300P-XFU2
To download ProDrive drive configuration software, please click on the link below:
This will start the download of a zip file containing the installation program. The file extension of that installation program file has been changed to ".ex_" to allow it to pass through firewalls. First, extract the file, and then change the file extension to ".exe" so you can run the installation program in the usual way.
Note: If you cannot see the file extension, you will not be able to rename the file extension. Follow the instructions below to change your settings in Windows that control visibility of file extensions:
For Microsoft Windows XP®
- Got to My Computer.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Folder Options.
- Click on the View tab and uncheck the option "Hide file extensions for known file types".
- Click OK. You should now be able to see and rename the file as .exe, as explained above.
For other operating systems, consult your help documentation.
ProDrive US Inverter Support - Required Update
The following update is REQUIRED to add the support for US model families of Hitachi Inverter to your ProDrive Version 126.96.36.199 installation. Follow the steps below to install this update:
- Install ProDrive 188.8.131.52 from the link given in the previous section.
- Download and install the ProDrive Software Version 184.108.40.206 UPDATE from the link below. The link will download a zip file.
- Unzip the files to your main ProDrive program folder, which also contains the prodrive.exe file.
Note: When you start ProDrive, be sure to select the support for US inverters in the ProDrive Setting window.
In order to connect your Windows-based PC to a Hitachi inverter using the USB-CONVERTERCABLE, a driver must first be installed on your PC. Please download the file below, and run the setup program to install the driver.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT connect the cable to your computer BEFORE installing the USB-CONVERTERCABLE driver.
HVAC Energy Savings Program
Follow the link below to download Hitachi HiSAVE VFD Energy Savings Estimator:
Click on the link below to download PROFIBUS Support file:
SJ300-EL Elevator Inverter Support
Follow the link below to access SJ300-EL Elevator Inverter Support page, which includes the SJ300-EL Parameter Calculating Program for Constant Jerk Rate.