Hitachi America, Ltd., Industrial Components and Equipment Division
AC Variable Frequency Drives
Hitachi Industrial Inverters Software Downloads
Hitachi provides free industrial inverters software downloads, including drive programming software and USB-Convertercable Driver, and other related software. The industrial inverter software makes the operation of Hitachi industrial inverters smooth and easy. Browse through the following sections to download software related to Hitachi industrial inverters:
Drive Programming Software
Hitachi industrial inverter configuration and programming software is available for download at no charge. You are free to download, install and use the software in accordance with Hitachi software license agreement.
Two software packages are currently supported; the new ProDriveNext and ProDrive. Use of these software packages depends on several factors. Read the descriptions below and select the package according to your needs.
Note: Files created using ProDrive are not compatible with files created using ProDriveNext, and vice versa.
The ProDriveNext Software is compatible with following series of Hitachi industrial inverters:
To download ProDriveNext, click on the link given below. Once you have submitted the download form, select Save (do not select Open or Run) to download the software to your computer.
Installation procedure for Pro Drive Next Version 1.2.40:
- Double click the “Setup.exe” file (not the "setup.bat") placed inside of PDN 64 bit folder inside of folder under Inverter Data Library found in the folder called PDN_INV_1_2_40_2Eng/BasePart.
- Select Yes if Windows ask for acceptance of activating this program.
- Installation will start. Select Yes if Windows ask for acceptance of installation folder.
- Follow the same steps by double clicking on the "Setup.msi" files inside each folder below in the following order.
Next 3 programs will need to be installed sequentially.
| --- Inv
| --- InverterOperatorComm
| --- Modbus.Comm
- After the completed installation of these four programs, please double click either "dpinst32" or "pinst64" placed inside the "InstallImages" folder. This is an installation program for USB driver, and after selecting Windows version (32bit or 64bit), installation will start.
- After the installation of the USB drivers is finished, open ProDriveNext using the newly installed icon within the Programs files in your computer, and click on "Configuration" on top of tool bar. Then click on "Update Catalog" to get all the devices installed or updates from previous data files.
- You can now begin creating new parameter and program files with the ProDriveNext projects.
The ProDrive Software is compatible with following series of Hitachi industrial inverters:
- L100-XFU, L100-MFU2, L100-MFR2
- L200-XFU, L200-XFU2
- SJ200-XFU, SJ200-XFU2
- L300P-XFU, L300P-XBRM, L300P-XFU2
To download ProDrive drive configuration software, please click on the link below:
This will start the download of a zip file containing the installation program. The file extension of that installation program file has been changed to ".ex_" to allow it to pass through firewalls. First, extract the file, and then change the file extension to ".exe" so you can run the installation program in the usual way.
Note: If you cannot see the file extension, you will not be able to rename the file extension. Follow the instructions below to change your settings in Windows that control visibility of file extensions:
For Microsoft Windows XP®
- Got to My Computer.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Folder Options.
- Click on the View tab and uncheck the option "Hide file extensions for known file types".
- Click OK. You should now be able to see and rename the file as .exe, as explained above.
For other operating systems, consult your help documentation.
ProDrive US Inverter Support - Required Update
The following update is REQUIRED to add the support for US model families of Hitachi Inverter to your ProDrive Version 188.8.131.52 installation. Follow the steps below to install this update:
- Install ProDrive 184.108.40.206 from the link given in the previous section.
- Download and install the ProDrive Software Version 220.127.116.11 UPDATE from the link below. The link will download a zip file.
- Unzip the files to your main ProDrive program folder, which also contains the prodrive.exe file.
Note: When you start ProDrive, be sure to select the support for US inverters in the ProDrive Setting window.
In order to connect your Windows-based PC to a Hitachi inverter using the USB-CONVERTERCABLE, a driver must first be installed on your PC. Please download the file below, and run the setup program to install the driver.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT connect the cable to your computer BEFORE installing the USB-CONVERTERCABLE driver.
HVAC Energy Savings Program
Follow the link below to download Hitachi HiSAVE VFD Energy Savings Estimator:
Click on the link below to download PROFIBUS Support file:
SJ300-EL Elevator Inverter Support
Follow the link below to access SJ300-EL Elevator Inverter Support page, which includes the SJ300-EL Parameter Calculating Program for Constant Jerk Rate.