Instructions to Download Software Update M4.82 from Hitachi Website
- Download avc08u_m482.zip file from Hitachi website to your PC.
- Double click the avc08u_m482.zip file on your PC, and the file should begin to ‘unzip’ automatically. After this process is completed, you will now have 2 files:
-- The first file is named avc08u_m482.img, this is the actual software update.
-- The second file is named AVC08U_Upgrade.pdf, this file contains the instructions for how to complete the software upgrade on your AVC08U. You may want to print this file for your reference.
- Copy the avc08u_m482.img file from the PC to the USB memory drive.
-- It is preferred that this USB memory drive be empty before copying the avc08u_m482.img file.
-- Be sure to place this file in the root directory of your USB memory drive (that is, do not place it in any folder, simply drag it to the main directory of your USB memory drive)
- Select ‘Safely Remove Hardware’ icon on your PC desktop, then select your USB drive. You may now safely remove the USB memory drive from your PC.
- Be sure to place the avc08u_m482.img file on your USB memory drive root directory (that is, do not place it in any folder, simply drag it to the main directory of your USB memory drive)
- After your AVC08U software download is complete, you should delete the Hitachi software files from your PC and USB memory drive.
HITACHI AUDIO VIDEO CENTER MODEL #AVC08U UPGRADE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT: By clicking “ACCEPT” below and downloading the Hitachi Audio Video Center Model #AVC08U Upgrade Software (the “Upgrade Software”), you are agreeing that you accept all the terms and conditions of this Hitachi Audio Video Center Model #AVC08U Upgrade Software License Agreement (this “Agreement”). Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading the Upgrade Software.
BY DOWNLOADING THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE AND/OR USING THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE TO PERFORM AN UPGRADE TO YOUR HITACHI AUDIO VIDEO CENTER MODEL #AVC08U (YOUR “HITACHI AVC”) (OR PERMITTING ANY OTHER PERSON TO DO SO), YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, (A) DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE, (B) DO NOT USE THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE, AND (C) DO NOT INSTALL THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE.
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which Hitachi Home Electronics (America), Inc. and its licensors (collectively, “Hitachi”) will grant to you (“you” or “your”), in your capacity as an owner of a Hitachi AVC, a license to use the Upgrade Software. The purpose of the Upgrade Software is to effect an improvement, enhancement and/or update of certain system software (the “System Software”) on your Hitachi AVC.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Hitachi grants to you, for the life of your Hitachi AVC, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to install and use one copy of the Upgrade Software on a single Hitachi-branded, upgradeable Hitachi AVC owned by you, subject to the following limitations and restrictions: (a) you may use the Upgrade Software only for the purpose of installing the Upgrade Software on your Hitachi AVC; (b) you may not share, duplicate, republish or redistribute the Upgrade Software; (c) you may not resell, rent, lease, sublicense, gift, loan, assign or otherwise transfer the Upgrade Software or any of your rights under this Agreement; (d) you may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or make derivative works from the Upgrade Software; and (e) you may not use the Upgrade Software for any commercial purpose.
2. VIOLATIONS. You understand and agree that your use of the Upgrade Software in any manner except as permitted under this Agreement could constitute a serious crime and could subject you to damages and an award to Hitachi of attorneys’ fees in connection with any violation of this Agreement. You further understand that you may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement or other violation of intellectual property rights caused or facilitated by your failure to abide by the terms of this Agreement. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Hitachi and its parent and affiliate companies harmless from and against any and all liability resulting from any breach by you of this Agreement.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. The Upgrade Software is protected by copyright laws, international copyright treaties and other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Upgrade Software is licensed, not sold, to you. All right, title and interest in and to the Upgrade Software and the intellectual property associated therewith, including any accompanying printed materials, belongs to Hitachi and its licensors and suppliers. Except as expressly provided herein, neither Hitachi nor any of its licensors or suppliers grants to you any express or implied right in or to any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights. All right, title and interest in and to the intellectual property rights associated with any content that is accessible through use of the Upgrade Software shall belong to the applicable content owners and may be protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This Agreement grants you no rights to use such content. All rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved expressly by Hitachi.
4. FUTURE UPGRADES. In the future, Hitachi may release or make available one or more additional upgrades to the System Software of your Hitachi AVC (each, a “Future Upgrade”). You understand and agree that if you decide to accept and install any such Future Upgrades, your installation and use of such Future Upgrades and any upgrade software and/or other intellectual property Hitachi may provide in connection therewith shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, except to the extent that Hitachi provides different or supplementary license terms or conditions therewith.
5. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. Hitachi is licensing the Upgrade Software for use within North America only. You agree that you will not export or re-export the Upgrade Software. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you specifically agree not to export or re-export the Upgrade Software: (i) to any country to which the U.S. has embargoed or restricted the export of goods or services, which currently include, but are not necessarily limited to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, or to amy national of any such country, wherever located, who intends to transmit or transport the Upgrade Software back to such country; (ii) to any person or entity who you know or have reason to know will utilize the Upgrade Software in the design, development, or production of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons; or (iii) to any person or entity who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government. You warrant and represent that neither the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security nor any other U.S federal Agency has suspended, revoked, or denied your export privileges.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY. THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU IN "AS IS” CONDITION AND HITACHI MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY HITACHI TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HITACHI, ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE UPGRADE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOOD WILL OR EXPENDITURES MADE OR COMMITTED FOR IN RELIANCE ON THE CONTINUATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. You understand and agree that neither Hitachi’s breach of this Agreement nor its failure to repair a defect, error or bug, shall constitute a failure of the essential purpose of this Agreement.
8. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the federal courts sitting in the Southern District of California, unless no federal subject matter jurisdiction exists, in which case you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the City of San Diego, California, USA.
If you are in agreement with the License Agreement, please click the Accept button below. If you are not in agreement with the License Agreement, please click the Cancel button below.
To download, please click on the Accept button ONLY ONCE, and wait for the software download box to appear. Due to Internet traffic, it may take up to 30 to 45 seconds for the download to begin.